KENYON strives to be a good corporate citizen. Through its managers and through its People and Employees, KENYON is committed to promoting Protection of the environment; Supporting charities and Local communities; Promoting equal opportunities; Ensuring safe and efficient working practices; and Working with suppliers who uphold similar values.
By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding such responsible and ethical principles into everything we do. We recognize the global reach of our business practices and our public accountability.
People and Employees
KENYON recognizes that our people are our greatest asset and key to continued growth and success and as such, we are committed to providing careers and working environments in which our people can achieve to their fullest potential.
KENYON have a commitment to keeping employees informed of the company’s affairs through news circulars, Emails and/or regular staff meetings. Employees can access the Company intranet to obtain general information of the company. Employees are encouraged to discuss operational issues with their line management and to suggest ways to improve performance and efficiency.
Developing future talent is fundamental to KENYON. We take seriously our responsibilities to protect, support, and prepare workers for successful careers, and to advocate on their behalf. Our efforts are focused on providing career opportunities and resources to the global workforce, and leading by example in areas such as workplace safety, health and wellness, diversity and inclusion, and training and development. We believe in opportunity for all and are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunity, the protection of human rights, and the prevention of human trafficking.
KENYON Provides clear and fair terms of employment for its employees Provides clean, healthy and safe working conditions Has a fair remuneration policy everywhere we operate Strives for equal opportunities for all present and potential employees Encourages employees to develop skills and progress in their careers.
Clients – The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible.
- We will avoid pressure selling techniques
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimize our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximize the efficient use of materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy statement and within an environmentally aware culture
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces the environmental impact on the Company by:
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment is switched off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimize their environmental impact
Local Community –
KENYON understands that it takes all of us working together to truly have an impact. As such, we partner with organizations in the communities where we live and work to improve lives and society as a whole – by engaging in activities such as Community Service, philanthropy, and support for small, minority, women, and disadvantaged businesses.
The Directors will also ensure that our work with the local community involves:
- Working and supporting local and national charities
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- Supporting local schools
- Undertaking voluntary business advisory services via professional bodies
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibility principles lies with the Directors of KENYON Every employee of KENYON is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work. Consultants or visitors are also expected to apply our Environmental principles.
Victor Ekpenyong (MD/CEO)